Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I hope that all the Moms out there had a fantastic day... I surely did. It's a day that always makes me OH, SO THANKFUL for this special lady right here...This is MY MOM. She's amazing! She's who I hope I grow up to be. :-) She managed our household growing up (with a little help from Daddy! ha ha), and worked full time teaching school. She always seemed so "together". She always cooked every meal (we NEVER ate take-out!) She let my brother and I participate in any activity we chose to do, and always sat there, waiting for us during our practices and games and concerts and performances. She was a MASTER at letting us find our wings and fly. She had really high expectations for us, but we ALWAYS knew how much she loved us. Now, she is the world's BEST Nana. All 6 of her grandchildren love and adore her. My children miss her when she's not with us, cry when she has to leave after a visit, and rejoice when she comes back! She is also a proud breast cancer survivor. I am so proud of her... she fought that awful disease with passion and grit. I knew she would make it, because, as she said, "I am a lot tougher than this thing."

So, today, I say, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, Mama! I love you so very much, and I am honored to be your daughter!!

AND... there are three other reasons that I am feeling proud today. Here they are!




I am also honored and proud to be their Mama. They have brought me more joy than I ever thought possible. So, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to me! These girls are the best gift I've ever been given.

No comments: