Thursday, October 29, 2009

The return of the infamous "Gracie-isms:...

Since I have been out of "bloggy world" for so long, I've had so many "Gracie Moments" that I haven't been able to share with you... I'll have to play catch up for a few days now.  That girl makes for some GREAT blog material.  :-)

To give you a little bit of "background" information on this story, you should know that we've had some people coming out to work on our yard a little bit, which is a compete mess...  We hired a landscaper who quit in the middle of the job.  So, the yard is a real wreck, and we've been trying to "sub-contract" the work out.  Not fun.  Anyway, last week some folks came out and started on the dirt work, to try and level the yard and get it ready for a sprinkler system and grass.  However, lately it has been raining around here.  A LOT.  So, as they were working, they left a few tracks from the bull dozer in the mud.  Then, it began to rain AGAIN, and mud puddles began to form.  Those muddy bulldozer tracks are currently sticking  up out of the water in the mud puddles.

Now, on to the "funny" part of the story...

Grace comes inside with the MOST serious look on her face.  She says, "Mom, I need you outside RIGHT NOW.  I'm pretty sure there's an alligator in our yard."

What?

I went outside with her, and, you know what?  Those bulldozer tracks sticking up out of the mud puddles DO look a lot like an alligator sticking his head and back up out of the water...

I tried to convince her that it was just mud, but she wasn't really sure... She sat out on the porch for quite a while, watching to see if those gators moved...

Silly girl - she's her own little party!  Never a dull moment when Grace is around!!!!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I LOVE ME SOME GRACIE!!!!