Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Best Weekend Ever, Part 2

Just for fun, I thought I'd post a few more photos from our wonderful weekend in Napa Valley. Above is a picture of us from the Robert Mondavi winery. A man saw Luke taking a picture of me alone and offered to take our picture together. I just love kind people!

The picture below is a wine storage cellar. Note the sides of the room, and look REALLY hard at the back wall... all of those are bottles of wine! It was at least 30 or 40 feet deep, and stacked chest high.
This is a photo of the "tasting" room at the "castle" winery that we visited. It was built underground in a classical medieval style (note all the arches...)
The climate in Northern California is PERFECT (thus why the grapes grow so well there!) But, grapes aren't the only things that grow well there. I was fascinated by the perfection of the roses. I took quite a few photos of the flowers, but will only post this one.
That's all the photos that I have time for now. Visit the wine country if you can (and leave your kids at home!) It is the PERFECT get-away spot!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Love the rose picture. I can only imagine how AWESOME they must have smelt! I am even more jealous now... so glad yall had a great time. You deserve the break :)