Tuesday, December 16, 2008

OVERWHELMED

I'm completely and totally overwhelmed.

Anybody else out there feeling my pain?

This has to be the busiest week of the year.

I baked 15 loafs of banana read yesterday, 6 dozen cookies, and made 2 different types of candy.  Every child has a Christmas party at school this week, and I think I'm in charge of most of them.  We had a little dance recital tonight for the two younger girls, as well as a church meeting that I was supposed to be attending.  All of this while Hubby was on call. Fabulous.  I have a party for the kids at church tomorrow evening, and  I'm also hosting a party at my house on Thursday evening for my girlfriends.   I know it will be fun, but at the moment I'm wondering, "What the heck was I thinking?!?!?"

I used to love Christmas.

Before I was in charge of making it "magical" for everyone!

Anyone else feeling overwhelmed?


4 comments:

Amy said...

That is so true!!

It's all because we are in CHARGE of the STINKIN MAGIC!!

This year, I decided I couldn't do it anymore. I was NOT going to put myself in charge of one single party. And guess what? When they didn't call and didn't call...I called them...and planned the stinkin party. AARRGGG!!

Why can't we just sit back and enjoy the show?? Because we want the magic to be in their sweet little eyes, and we'll do whatever it takes to put it there!! Even bake 15 loaves of banana bread!!:)

Love ya girl!! I sure do wish we were still in big H, I'd help ya!!

kristi said...

I thought I was the poster child for overwhelmed. It will soon be over and you will look back and think how FUN overwhelmed really was.

Gettysburg Mom said...

I was feeling overwhelmed this year... and decided to not do as much. I feel a little guilty about not doing Christmas cards (the first thing I jettisoned this season) but figure the guilt won't last past next Wednesday. Hang in there. The memories will be great when you're out of the craziness.

Gettysburg Mom said...

Did I mention it was up to 100 Christmas cards? That's crazy!!