Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Our New World

I've been working for a grand total of 3 days now. It's going well... I have this week to prepare and get my room ready, and then next Monday, THE STUDENTS ARRIVE!!

I'm ready. It's going to be great. The kids are excited, I am excited... I'm ready to get started.

My own children have handled the transition well. They have gotten up earlier than usual and have not complained. Even Grace has taken the change without complaint. She is excited to get to spend more time with her Ju Ju.

The hardest thing for me has been wearing "professional" clothes and shoes... I have worn nothing but jeans and sweats for ELEVEN YEARS. My feet are missing their tennis shoes!! :-)

Keep saying prayers. Pray that the kids handle the transition well. Pray that I handle the transition well! ha ha!! Pray for peace of mind. Pray a lot!! :-)

2 comments:

cheri said...

Betsy...you'll do great and the kids will love you...prayers will go your way...to ease your fears!

Liz said...

We'll be praying but I know that you'll do great! Your kids are so lucky... and I'm sure you will find some comfy "work" shoes!