Friday, March 25, 2011

Changes....

Just in case you didn't know this about me, I'm NOT so big on CHANGES.

I'm a "wee bit" of a planner. I like things the way I like them, thank you very much, and usually, I am able to make my handy little life work out the way I want it to work out. And I like it that way. It's like my own personal little Burger King.

But sometimes, life throws me a curve ball of sorts.

Like this week, for instance.

You see, last year I made the MONUMENTAL, LIFE-CHANGING decision to go back to work. It wasn't a decision I made lightly, but it's where I felt I needed to be. My children would all be in school this year, and I want to be where they are. (That was sort of the whole reason I was a stay-at-home mom in the first place.)

But, now the state of Texas is having money issues, and our schools are having budget issues. So this week I was informed that my services would no longer be needed next year. As in, "You no longer have a job here."

*SIGH*

I know I am so blessed, because I don't have to work. My not working won't change my family's life financially. I wasn't doing it for the money, though... I was doing it because I love it, and because I love being near my children. And my children love me being there. I know that won't always be true, and I hate to miss the few years when it IS true.

I'm not sure where I am supposed to go from here, but I'm trying to just be still and BE. God will show me, if I just allow him.

2 comments:

cheri said...

And YOU are a wonderful teacher. Your students love and respect you and you have really made a difference in their lives. Isn't that what teaching is supposed to be about...making a difference???? And what a blessing to be there for your girls! God bless you, Betsy. I admire your attitude and all you stand for!
Love you so much!
cheri

Liz said...

I'm so sad to hear this. I know you were a wonderful teacher and AWE will sorely miss you. Praying for you. Like you said on FB though, when God closes a door, he opens a window. I know He's got a special window waiting for you :)