Saturday, December 19, 2009

WOW... What a WEEK!!

It has been QUITE a week here at Casa de Killian... All three girls had their Christmas parties at school, and my Mom and Dad arrived for the Christmas Holidays.  Whew!  What a whirlwind!  I won't bore you with all the details, but will leave you with some pictures from the week.  (Disclaimer - I took these with my phone, and so blogger is not letting me enlarge them.  Grrrrrrr!  Unsure why, but I will attempt to figure out this problem some other time when I don't have 500 other things to tackle!!!)

At Kate's Christmas party on Friday, one of their activities was to race remote control cars down the school hallway, to learn about components like speed and inertia.  It was a lot of fun!  They also displayed their cars that they had made in class.  They had to make the wheels turn using battery power, gears, and wheels.  It was really a pretty nifty project.  I'm so thankful for creative, dedicated teachers like Mr. T.!!!!  Here is a photo of Kate with her car.Abby's Christmas party was an ALL DAY AFFAIR on Thursday.  First, the ENTIRE second grade came to the Family Life Center at our church and enjoyed centers and games, and then a hot dog lunch and gift exchange.  Here is little Abby, with her gift.  She was pretty excited about it!

Here is Abs hula-hooping.  That was one of the games... a hula hoop contest!  After lunch, they boarded a bus that took them to the "Polar Express" (which explains why Abby is wearing her pajamas in these photos!! ha ha)  They went to another church, where they got their Polar Express tickets punched by the conductor.  Then they watched the movie and enjoyed popcorn and hot cocoa.  They had a fantastic day.
Wednesday was Grace's pre-school program and party.  They told the story of Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus for their program.  Grace had the all-important role of "Mary".  Friends, I am not ashamed to tell you that I questioned the teacher, just to make sure that she was CERTAIN that Grace was a good choice for this pivotal role... I'm just being real when I say that she MIGHT be a little unpredictable and stubborn sometimes, and they might choose a little Mary that is always well-behaved and predictable.  I'm just saying... But, Mrs. Lisa ASSURED me that Grace is WONDERFUL at school, and she was convinced that she would be JUST FINE.  I told her she was very brave, and I was sorry in advance for any bad events that might occur.

Friends, I could not have been more wrong.  Grace was a WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT little Mary.  I was so proud!  She has COME A LONG WAY, BABY!  Last year she was an angel, and she sat down and pouted the whole time!  This year, she held the baby gently and kindly accepted the presents from the Three Wise Men.  Relief washed all over me, and, to be quite honest, I might have shed a tear or two!

Here are "Mary" and "Joseph".
And here is a little picture of Mary, with Baby Jesus, who was portrayed very convincingly by Bitty Baby.  :-)
It was a busy week, but a wonderful week.  Now the kids are on Christmas break.  I had big plans to sleep in this morning, and woke up promptly at 6:35.  Ugh!  But, my Christmas shopping is done, and we stayed at home ALMOST all day today, which is pretty good for us!!

Only 6 more days until Christmas!  Let the gift wrapping begin!!!  :-)

2 comments:

Liz said...

What fun! They are all such precious little things and you are such a great Mom. I LOVED the Christmas card.

I hope you all have a great Christmas and that Santa brings you everything you wanted!

Amy said...

What a precious Mary you have there! We are also SO ready for the break and can't wait for some down time!

You guys have a very merry Christmas!:)