Thursday, January 8, 2009

Random-ness Swirling Through my Brain...

Today I was a substitute in the Jr. High Library at our local school.

Not a lot going on in the ole' Jr. High Library, except a LOT of adolescent hormones.

I supervised two sessions of study hall, and checked out approximately 5 books.

I should have known it would be slow when the librarian told me I might want to bring a book or something else to do.

Hmmm...

So, while perusing the paper, I came across a story about THIS lady in India who recently gave birth to her first child.

Doesn't SOUND too exciting, until you read on and discover that SHE IS SEVENTY YEARS OLD!!!!    

Yes, you read that right, I said 7-0.  

Oh, my heavens.  Can you IMAGINE being a first-time Mom at 70?!?!?!?!?!?

I CAN NOT.

Science is capable of doing amazing things.  But, should it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Betsy-- this is tooooo exciting.Is this telling me not to give up. If I had a baby even at this age (53) I would just let you and Shelley babysit-you two are doing such a good job on your own why not raise one for me too.,HA!!
Shelleys aunt Vi
Yep--I'm a lurker.