Monday, August 25, 2008

School...

...it has arrived!!

Today my first grader and my fourth grader got up and got ready for school.  Here they are posing in front of the fireplace, wearing their brand new clothes (that they picked out all by themselves), all ready for a brand new year.Here is my oh-so big Abby-girl, modeling her backpack as we get ready to head out the door.

And here's Kate, holding up 4 fingers to show that she's in the 4th grade.
Once we got to school, Abs sat at her big-girl desk and posed for a quick photo with her teacher.  She was excited, and got her crayons out right away so she could get to work.
Katie was anxious that we were going to make her late by making her wait to go to her classroom while I said good bye to Abby.  But, we made it to her room just in the nick of time!  Here she is, posing with her teacher before class.  She was embarrassed that I made her take a picture, and I jokingly told her teacher that I had embarrassed her, so my work here must be done.  He laughed and said, "Ah!  But now mine can begin!"  The rumor is that he loves to joke around with the kids and has a fantastic sense of humor!
I can't believe the summer is over already, and we are back to school!  Say prayers that we have a smooth year and learn a LOT!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Kate and Katie are destined to be friends. It amazes me how alike they are! SO FUN!!

Both girls look precious. Hope your year gets off to a great start!!

kristi said...

I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only Momma at the school with my camera and making the teachers pose. However I was the only one in Reagan's classroom that did. See you at Sonic this afternoon for a 1/2 price diet coke.

Lindsay said...

Hey Betsy! Your girls look so cute on their first day of school!