Monday, January 11, 2010

Basketball...

... begins tonight!!

Abby has decided to play this year. How fun! I'm so proud of her for "stepping out of her box" and trying something new. I am helping to coach her team of first and second graders. Their uniforms are BRIGHT pink, and they have chosen to be the "Panthers"... ( get it? The Pink Panthers?!?!?! Ha ha ha ha!! They thought they were SO very clever!!) Anyway, their first game is tonight, and I am so very nervous for them... none of them have ever played before, so it may be a rough night...

Kate is playing again this year, and she has really come a LONG way from her start last year. I mean, she's no Michael Jordan or anything, but she's improved so very much. She doesn't play until Saturday, but her team practices tonight. (Luckily, I am NOT coaching her team, so I don't have to be in two different places at two different times!!!) Her team has gold uniforms, and are named the "Golden Girls." Very clever, until I told Kate that there was a TV show many years ago about little old ladies that had the same name. After she heard that, she wasn't so "in love" with the name anymore!! :-)

Wish us luck... Basketball is probably the sport I enjoy the most (or maybe softball... I guess it's a toss up!), so I really hope the girls like it and want to continue playing. At the very least, I hope they have fun and learn something new!!

No comments: