Monday, January 25, 2010

Cold-Hearted...

So, a few days ago I run into Maurice's (my favorite little store for quick bargain clothes), because they have a big SALE sign in the window, and, luckily, I found a few quick things that I just had to have.

The sales associate who was helping me could not have been more than 16 or 17... I mean, seriously, I could EASILY have been her mother. I'm just saying...

She was ringing up my purchases, and was trying to ask me if I was a CARD-HOLDER at Maurice's...

But, instead she got all tongue-tied, and it came out, "Are you cold-hearted?"

The manager stopped what she was doing and turned around and gave her the strangest look... my little teenager who was helping me turned beet red and started stumbling over herself apologizing and trying to tell me what she was trying to say, and I busted out laughing. It was SO funny!!! I told her that my husband has been asking me that for years!! She was mortified, but my the end, we were all laughing, and I think even the manager realized that it was all OK, and hopefully the little teenager didn't get in trouble...

SO, just call me cold-hearted... obviously, it shows! ha ha!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Ha! That is HILARIOUS! You brightened my lunch with this one! Have a great week-o-birthdays!

Lindsay said...

Oh my word that is so funny! I love that store also!!

cheri said...

Too funny! I shopped there for the first time on Saturday, and then went back for more on Sunday! Loved it!

cheri said...

Betsy...this has nothing to do with "cold-hearted", but...Donald came home tonight with a new book for me called, The Pioneer Woman Cooks. He told me she had a blog and I remembered you followed her on your blog! Remember, I'm an idiot when it comes to this blogging business...so, how do I follow her on my blog? I couldn't figure it out. I pressed and punched lots of stuff, but it doesn't show up! Help! Thanks! :)

cheri said...

Thanks, Betsy...I just wanted to have it posted on my blog site so I could go to it easier, but it pops up on my facebook page now, so I'm happy as a lark! Thanks!!!