Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday Musings

Today I was privileged to substitute for the Elementary Librarian.  What fun!  That is a great job... the kid-o's WANT to be in there, they are excited about books and reading, and, if they ever misbehave, you can just give them a stern look and tell them to go back to class.  Brilliant!!  I loved it.  She has asked me to sub for her again in a few weeks, and I can't wait!

On a totally different note, this weekend is our annual "Girly" weekend for the ole' H-town girls.  I am so excited to get to go and hang out with my girls this weekend!  We are going to a REAL city, and we are going to stay in a hotel and eat out every meal, and SHOP A LOT.  I'm hoping to make a serious dent in the Christmas shopping list!  NO CHILDREN OR HUSBANDS are allowed.  Hubby has to work this weekend, so the ever-fabulous Ju-Ju is taking over my home and children for the weekend.  She has told me repeatedly to be VERY CAREFUL, because, though she loves my children dearly, she does NOT want to raise them!  She says being the much-adored babysitter / surrogate grandmother is much more her speed! ha ha!  Anyway, much thanks to Ju-Ju for allowing me a bit of freedom this weekend.  Seriously, y'all, I CAN'T WAIT!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am so disappointed that I am not tagging along this year! I sure was looking forward to spending time with my H-girls!! You guys have a great time and think of me while you are marking things off your Christmas list!!