Monday, March 10, 2008

CRAZY Morning!

This time change thing is really throwing us for a loop... we all like our sleep, and the only family member who is a "morning person" is Kate.  Last night we had rain and I guess it knocked the electricity out for a few minutes.  At least, it turned all of our clocks off!  So, this morning, no alarms sounded, and since the time changed (and because of the rain) it was still really dark.  I rolled over at 7:45.  School begins at 8:00.  There was a slight moment of terror and panic, and then I thought, "We are going to be late.  It doesn't really matter if we are 10, 15, or 30 minutes late.  I am not going to go stress everyone out and yell at them."  So... I didn't.  I casually went upstairs and woke everyone, and when Katie realized what time it was, so flipped.  I told her to calm down, and then it was ok... I guess I had given her permission to be late or something.  We made it to school at about 8:30.  I was NOT the only one who was late... there was a page full of tardys before us!

I wish they would leave the time alone.  Just about the time we get used to it, it will be time to "Fall Back" again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY agree! I HATE the Spring Forward time change! It is SO hard to get out of bed when it is pitch dark outside! ~ Your Cuz, Laura