Monday, February 11, 2008

Sad Day...

Those of you who know me know that I love Sonic's Diet Coke. (I am maybe just a little bit obsessive about it... it is really only good from Sonic. Something about the ice and maybe the styrofoam? I don't know...)

Any-hoo... I'm driving up to Sonic on Sunday, and what do I see? SONIC HAS BURNED!!!!! IT IS CLOSED, AND MY PERFECT DIET COKE SUPPLY IS GONE!!! I am absolutely stunned and heartbroken, friends. Heartbroken.

Then this morning my Mom calls to tell me that there is a segment on Good Morning America that I should see... it was all about how Diet Drinks are bad for you. They somehow mess up your metabolism in your brain or some such information. I missed the segment, but my Mom was insistent that I go to their website and read about it, because I would SURELY stop drinking them now.

Then I told her that Sonic burned, and she was sure it was a sign... the perfect time to go cold turkey.

I'm not so sure, because I can't see past my caffeine-withdrawl headache far enough to agree with her.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Betsy, I. too, am a self-proclaimed Diet Coke addict. I have said it aloud many times and I HAVE come to grips with it. I, also, was told by my trainer a couple of weeks ago that if I didn't give it up...I would never lose the weight I wanted to because of the metabolism thing. It really does SUCK! Excuse my french. But it's the nicest word I could come up with to describe my heart!! It was a sad day. But, after about 2 weeks of weining, I am free of my addiction!!HEHE! I have had, maybe, 3 diet cokes sense I went cold turkey. Even last night, Jason brought me a Diet Coke from Subway and I CHOSE, yes, chose, to drink my water first! I left about half of it in the cup. It is hard,but girl, you can do it! I will be your DCA(Diet Cokes Annonymous)partner. Call me...day or night...if the temptation arises and we will talk about it. Together. One day at a time!!

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Betsy -- you should have never told me to leave a comment---cause me and Diet Coke, we are close. I think you can't believe half of what you hear or half of what you read---so for me and my Dt.Coke----well I will drink one for you...
(BUT maybe you ought to think again--I have always STRUGGLED with my weight and always LOVED Dt.Coke.......... Shelleys aunt VI