Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gracie Begins Pre-School!

My "baby" started her journey into the world of formal education today.  Only she's not a baby anymore.  Just look at her posing like a big girl in front of the fireplace!  She has her backpack on.   (Look closely at this backpack... she picked it out all by herself.  It is pink with pirate skulls on it.  I have no explanation except to say she is an original.  She has her own mind.)My parents were here over the Labor Day weekend, so they were here to see her off on her first day.

Here's Grace with Nana...
...and here she is with PaPaw.
Once we got Grace to her school room, she was very excited and went right away to play with the toys on the shelves.
Then it was time to sit down and color a picture.  She looks so big!  
The day went pretty well...her teacher, Miss Lisa, said she did OK.  She didn't want to leave her shoes on her feet, which isn't too surprising, since she runs barefoot all day long here at home.  And then Lisa said, and I quote, "And she only hit ONE boy."  What?!?!?!?  I asked her what that meant, and she said Grace was hitting the boy next to her in circle time.  Lisa told her she could not hit, and then asked her why she was hitting.  Grace said "I was trying to make sure he was minding." Oh, my.  She is a one-of-a-kind little girl!  We had a talk when we got home, and now she understands that it is Miss Lisa's job to make sure the kids are minding.

At least I THINK she understands....

2 comments:

Amy said...

You know I am laughing hysterically right now!! I love it!! You need to just start a weekly "what Gracie said this week" segment on the ol blog!! I'd copy and paste the button and play along!!:)

She's such a cutie! Even if she does hit boys!! Kenna Mae would be proud being that she is in a "boy's suck" phase right now! Oh, my, what would we do if they were best friends!!FUN!!:)

Shelley said...

She is so cute!!! LOVE HER!!!