Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Works for me Wednesday!!

It has been a long time since I have participated in "WFMW" over at Rocks in my Dryer!  It hasn't been intentional... and it hasn't been a lack of things that are working, either!  Maybe a lack of time????  Who knows... anyway, I am back!

What is working for me today?

It has to be prepping EVERYTHING for school for my kids the night before.  I do mean everything.  We bathe the night before, we pick out our clothes the night before, and we even lay out our clothes, shoes, and socks in the bathroom where we are getting ready. We pack our backpacks the night before, and I even pack the lunch boxes the night before.  If I know what the kids intend to eat for breakfast, I even get it ready (as much as possible) the night before.  For example, if we are having Eggo waffles, I have the toaster out and ready on the counter.  If it is oatmeal, I have the oatmeal, the bowls, and a measuring cup for water laid out.

This makes our morning go so much smoother.  Nobody has to "think" too hard when they first get up (and for my bunch of sleepyheads, that is a real bonus!!)

Happy mornings to you!  I hope there is a lot that is "working" for you!! :-)

No comments: