Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY!!

It's my first time to try linking to Rocks in my Dryer for "Works for me Wednesday, so wish me luck!!   Here is my best tip:  when making banana bread, mix it up in the food processor!  It only uses one bowl, which makes it simple, and the clean-up is a breeze!  Here is my favorite recipe.  It works every time!
1/4 C. butter
3/4 C. sugar
3 large bananas
1/2 C. broken pecan pieces
1 egg
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1  1/2 cups flour, mixed with 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1'4 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon 
baking soda
In food processor, mix butter and sugar until creamed.  With machine running, add egg, then lemon juice, then slip in one banana at a time.  Let it process until well-mixed.  Turn off machine.  Add dry ingredients.  Turn on machine, and let mix until smooth.  With machine running, add pecans until well mixed.  Pour into greased loaf pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.)  ENJOY!
Wfmwsmall

No comments: